Friday 11 July 2014

Smoothies – Super foods


Currently I am on a bit of a health kick. This has come in the form of smoothies. I wasn’t completely sold on smoothies but decided to get a smoothie maker (glorified blender) and give it a go.
I started by looking and different recipes online when I remembered and article I read which was an interview with Woody Harrelson (Cheers, True Detective, White men cant jump, Natural Born Killers.). In this interview Woody was drinking his supposed favorite smoothie which consisted of; Kale, Kiwi, Plum, Pineapple, Cinnamon, Hemp Seed and a mix of berries (I used strawberries and blueberries when I did it). So I started off with this as my first smoothie attempt, guessing the amounts of each of the ingredients and the Internet didn’t help with that part and it was really good. I have since had banana hemp seed and kale which was also gorgeous.
The ingredients I have brought after doing my research online are:
Goji Berries
Blueberries
Strawberries
Bananas
Kiwi
Plum
Grapes (frozen red and white)
Low fat vanilla yoghurt
Milk
Kale
Hemp seeds
And I plan on getting some acai to try soon as acai goji berries and hemp seeds are supposed to be extremely good for you.
I think smoothies are a great way to get all the fruit that you normally would not touch in your system as its quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment